Application made at DSI counter
- The original of Macao SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card, or Macao SAR Non-Permanent Resident Identity Card (will be returned to the applicant after verification);
- A 1.5-inch, color, bareheaded and full-faced photograph in plain white background which is taken at a photography studio within the last 6 months or use a live-captured photograph onsite at no cost (Please read Remarks 1) (Click here for Photograph Specifications);
- The former of Visit Permit to HKSAR, in case of renewal;
- An official loss report issued by the competent authority (e.g. police) if applicants cannot submit the former Visit Permit to HKSAR;
- If applicants are under the age of 18, their parents or the person who executes the parental right or guardianship in compliance with the law must present their original identification documents and sign in the signature field of the application form (The original identification documents will be returned after verification and photocopying) (Please read Remarks 2 and 3)
Remarks 1: If the photo submitted is found to be unsatisfactory after examination, this bureau will inform the applicant of submitting another photo.
Remarks 2: If either parent cannot accompany his/her child to apply for the travel document, such parent has to fill out the authorization form and provide a photocopy of a valid identification document which bears his/her signature.
Remarks 3: If parents of the applicant are in the state of unmarried, separation, partition of property or divorce, or either parent is unable to sign the application form due to certain reason (e.g. missing), the other parent has to prove his/her entitlement to exercise parental right in order to lodge the application for underage children.
Online Application through the DSI Service Station mobile application
Applicants are required to download the DSI Service Station mobile application.
Notes on Online Application for Travel Documents
- This online service is applicable to the first-time application or renewal of travel documents within nine months prior to the expiry date.
- Applicants shall login with the account of Common Access to Public Services of the Macao SAR.
- Applicants will not be allowed to apply for travel documents online if they cannot pass the facial recognition.
- During the application process, applicants are required to scan the QR code on the Receipt of the Digital Photo for Online Application for the Macao SAR Travel Document provided by the designated photography studio and ensure that the photo was taken within the last 6 months (Note: to avoid affecting the use of the travel document, DSI may require replacement of the photo which does not meet DSI’s requirements).
- According to the regulation, applicants shall sign according to the signatures on their identity cards.
- Applicants aged 18 or above are required to collect their documents at the DSI Service Station in person.
- Notes to applicants under 18 years old
- The service is only applicable to applicants who reached 5 years old or above on the latest issuance date on the Macao Resident Identity Card. In addition, if there is a significant change in the underage applicant’s appearance, he/she may not be able to pass the facial recognition.
- After logging in to the system, the application will proceed only after the underage applicant’ parents or guardian pass the facial recognition.
- The document must be collected by the applicant's parent or guardian.
Circumstances under which online application for travel document is not applicable:
- The Macao Resident Identity Card has expired (excluding those who are in the process of renewing their identity card);
- Interdicted person or quasi-interdicted person;
- Application for a travel document due to loss or damage of document;
- The parent or guardian of the underage applicant under the age of 18 does not hold a Macao Resident Identity Card.
Payment is made by credit card only.
Required documents for using the online application service:
- The applicant’s Macao Resident Identity Card;
- The applicant's original travel document (in case of document renewal);
- The applicant’s Receipt of the Digital Photo for Online Application for the Macao SAR Travel Document (QR code).