The obligations and authority of the Identification Services Bureau include：
- Overall planning and executing activities related to the civil and criminal identification of residents of the Macao Special Administrative Region;
- Issuing identity cards and Certificates of Criminal Record and ensuring their data authenticity;
- Issuing certificates in accordance with the factual data in records;
- Issuing passports and other travel documents to residents of the Macao Special Administrative Region;
- Registering the establishment of non-profit making legal persons;
- Examining and approving applications in regard to nationality;
- Examining and approving applications for the Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in the Macao Special Administrative Region.